This Literacy Month, Nal’ibali proudly invites all South Africans to enter the fourth annual Story Bosso multilingual storytelling talent search, by telling us your favourite hero-inspired story.
This year, to inspire greatness in our children and to keep the memory of South African heroes alive, we are placing a special focus on remembering and telling the stories of our heroes.
Anyone can enter – all ages and languages are welcome! Practise telling your story by playing our specially developed storytelling board game with friends or family. All family-friendly stories are welcome. Tell or read your story in any of South Africa’s 11 official languages.
Choose a category
Your story should fit into one of these four categories:
1. Living legend: This kind of hero is well-known and still alive.
2. Past hero: This kind of hero could be featured in a history book or in a tale of the past.
3. Fictional hero: This kind of hero is make-believe.
4. Personal hero: This kind of hero doesn’t need to be well-known, but is a hero to you.
How to enter
Send us a video or audio clip of your story in one of these ways (include your name, province, age, contact details, language and your story’s category):
1. Upload it at www.nalibali.org or www.nalibali.mobi.
2. Upload it to our Facebook page: nalibaliSA.
3. Email it to email@example.com.
4.WhatsApp it to 076 598 1039.
Visit www.nalibali.org for a list of venues where Nal’ibali will record and enter your story for you.
Entries open on the 31st August 2018.