Nal'ibali operates www.nalibali.org (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What we do with your personal information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. If you do provide personally information to us, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission. However, unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news, monthly leader boards, announcements of monthly literacy activities and challenges and updates on your progress.
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered although unlikely;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- To outside auditors, in the event of prize allocations, who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our web and mobi site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Creating an account
- The information contained in your profile includes information you shared with us when you joined Nal'ibali.
- If you joined via Facebook, the information in our system matches the information you shared with Facebook when you created a Facebook account. Facebook provides us with your first name and last name.
- We do not work for Facebook, but give you the option of joining and logging in via Facebook because it is quicker.
- You can edit this information at any time in your profile.
What happens when you post a comment
- When you comment on the Nal’ibali site, the display name that you provided when you joined will be shown.
- The first name and last name that you provided Facebook will be kept private from other users. This way you can choose the name you want us to display, and that other users can see.
Nal’ibali uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s). We will always advise you as and when cookies are in use.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- Not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- To log off the Nal’ibali mobi site when you are finished;
- To always interact on the platform using your own unique profile
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, identity number and cell phone number.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we will use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect, monitor, analyse and measure our website traffic and performance.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you if you’ve won a competition and with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials. We will never provide or sell your personal data to any third parties. We will only contact you if you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can choose to provide or not provide consent on your profile page when you sign up. Likewise, you have the right to withdraw your consent on the profile page as well by opting out.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Questions or comments?
The Nal'ibali Trust
2 Dingle Avenue, Kenilworth 7708
Phone: 021 448 6000
Or contact us via any of the ways described in the About Us page at https://nalibali.org