1 X KwaZulu-Natal - Inanda, Ntuzuma, KwaMashu
1 X Eastern Cape - Mdansane
1 X Western Cape - Mitchells Plain
1 X Gauteng - Soweto
Nal'ibali is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign which aims to spark children's potential through storytelling & reading. We do this through storytelling, reading and a network of reading clubs.
A Nal’ibali Literacy Mentor is focused on inspiring communities to participate in the reading-for-enjoyment campaign by identifying potential opportunities and resources to establish reading clubs and raising awareness through a variety of activities and events.
We are looking for an independent, self-starting person who can spark excitement, raise awareness, reach new audiences, build partnerships and support ongoing activities to promote reading for enjoyment, in spaces such as schools, preschools, clinics and public spaces.
- Driving Nalibali Story Power in Motion vehicle in the listed communities and other identified spaces
- arranging and attending stakeholder meetings,
- ongoing partner/stakeholder liaison
- Mobilize community involvement
- Promote brand awareness at provincial level
- supporting and mentoring volunteers,
- providing and distributing reading materials,
- identifying training needs
- facilitating training sessions,
- Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting (ME&R)
- Independent, self-starting person who can identify and seize opportunities.
- Passion for literacy, education and children’s rights.
- Enthusiasm for driving change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to ride bicycle
- Respected in the community/not popular for the wrong reasons
- At least 2 years’ community work experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in education or social development advantageous
- Strong Written and verbal skills in English and one other relevant local language (IsiZulu/IsiXhosa/SeSotho)
- Computer literacy (MS Office + Excel)
- A Proven interest and enthusiasm for literacy development and/or education
- Driver’s license essential
- Passion and energy to improve children's lives
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational cover letter highlighting why you would make a fantastic Story Power in Motion Literacy Mentor. Please indicate on your application the area you are applying for, either KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, Western Cape or Gauteng. Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.For further information please have a look at our website www.nalibali.org or call our offices on 021 448 6000