Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories – in all South African languages – is part of everyday life.
Children who are surrounded by print and immersed in great and well-told stories – in languages they understand – are more curious, confident and motivated to learn. They develop vocabulary, strengthen memory, and nurture imagination. They’re more likely to become readers themselves, and to do well in school across all subjects.
Since 2012, Nal’ibali has worked with state, civil society and business partners to make sure every South African child has opportunities to fall in love with books and stories. This includes founding partners DGMT, PRAESA (the Project for the Study of Alternative Education in South Africa) and Tiso Blackstar (formerly Times Media). Through advocacy, training, and high-quality reading material, Nal’ibali is helping to nurture a reading nation.
Nal’ibali recognises the importance of responding to its voluntary network’s needs for inclusion and reward, and has developed an online loyalty programme to house, inspire and motivate its volunteers. The Community Manager will be responsible for the successful management and execution of Nal'ibali’s loyalty programme needs in conjunction with the overall communications strategy. The role requires an organised and lateral thinker who can connect digital and on the ground activities to the newly developed loyalty programme environment in order to build the online community while building brand awareness and loyalty. This role reports to the digital strategist.
• Plan and execute loyalty programme contact strategy communications to the volunteer network in collaboration with the Digital Coordinator and PR & Events Coordinator
• Manage interactions with internal stakeholders (Support Services, R&I, Programmes and Finance teams)
• Maintain loyalty programme activity calendar and ensure timeous broadcast of network communications
• Write engaging loyalty programme copy for use on relevant social media and digital platforms.
• Engage with volunteer network to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement.
• Respond to network queries and complaints timeously.
• Weekly reporting on social media and digital engagements with the community.
• Drive acquisition to join Nal’ibali network through digital and social platforms.
• Proactively stay abreast of the organisation’s marketing and media plans and provide solutions to enhance the volunteer network’s online experience.
• Provide campaign performance reporting and analysis to the Digital Strategist and Head of Communications
• Manage the reward fulfillment process (including the distribution of rewards/prizes).
• Ensure timeous resolution of technical glitches relating to the mobi site platform in collaboration with the Digital Strategist.
• Liaise with M&E Specialist to ensure consistent Salesforce integration.
• Use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics.
• Practice and promote a test and learn approach in terms of learnings and programme course correction.
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Passion for digital and loyalty programme marketing
• Track record of innovation and creativity
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Ability to work under pressure
• Sense of urgency
• Interest in literacy, early childhood development or education is advantageous
• 5+ years’ experience in a digital, CRM or direct marketing agency, or loyalty programme
• Good understanding of data and direct marketing practices
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and presentation development
• Experience in understanding and evaluating web analytics
• Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills in English and one other official language
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title in the subject line.
Closing date: 16 November 2018 Please note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only