The Nal’ibali Trust is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign that seeks to spark and sustain a culture of reading. Since 2012, Nal’ibali has trained adults to launch and run reading clubs for children.
The Call Centre Agent will be deployed within the Nal’ibali call centre. This outbound, project-based call centre conducts support and check-in calls, data verification calls, and phone-based research surveys. It also supports the wider Nal’ibali network as needs arise. Its mandate is to understand, grow, and strengthen support to Nal’ibali’s national network of reading clubs and literacy activists. The Call Centre Agent will work closely with the wider Nal’ibali team to manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Nal’ibali seeks a Call Centre Agent who will be responsible for:
Relationship management and network support:
- On-board new members into the Nal’ibali network, and maintain and build their relationship with the organisation throughout their Nal’ibali journey.
- Answer incoming calls, and respond to incoming queries that arrive via various other touchpoints (including e-mail and SMS).
- Log outcomes of calls and ensure next steps are followed through.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern as raised by network members.
- Impart knowledge and information to network members.
- Provide phone-based support to internal Nal’ibali staff members.
Monitoring, evaluation and research
- Capture data from phone calls efficiently and accurately.
- Conduct telephonic surveys as part of internal Nal’ibali research projects.
- Support Monitoring & Evaluation team with data capturing and verification tasks as needed.
Phone-based project support:
- Support implementation of projects initiated by various Nal’ibali departments via phone, SMS and email.
- Support planning of key projects by liaising with assigned departments as subject matter experts.
Adhere to policies and procedures:
- Meet quality assurance standards.
- Follow communication scripts when handling different projects.
- Work in line with the Call Centre Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure daily and weekly targets are met and calls are completed to a high standard.
- Troubleshoot and proactively problem solve with team members as issues arise.
- Minimum 1-year outbound call centre and/or phone-based survey/research experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Speedy and accurate typing and data capturing skills.
- Experience in administration support, including highly competent PC skills.
- Eloquent and friendly person who will present a positive impression of Nal’ibali.
- Prior experience working with databases preferred; prior experience working with Salesforce CRM platform desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a structured work environment with goals and outcomes to achieve, including working to deadlines.
- Able to work alone and as an effective member of a team to achieve an end goal.
- Fluency in more than one South African language required. Fluency in Afrikaans, Sesotho, Sepedi, Setswana, Xitsonga, TshiVenda or Siswati strongly preferred.
To apply, please forward your CV and a brief motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 November 2018.