Nal'ibali is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign which aims to spark children's potential through storytelling & reading. We do this through storytelling, reading and a network of reading clubs.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for literacy to grow a culture of reading in the AmaJingqi community close to Willowvale in the Eastern Cape.
A Nal’ibali Literacy Mentor is focused on inspiring communities to participate in the reading-for-enjoyment campaign by identifying potential opportunities and resources to establish reading clubs and raising awareness through a variety of activities and events.
These activities include the following:
- arranging and attending stakeholder meetings,
- ongoing partner liaison,
- supporting and mentoring volunteers,
- providing and distributing reading materials,
- identifying training needs and facilitating sessions,
- Reporting writing, including M&E feedback
- At least 2 years’ community work experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in education or social development advantageous
- Written and verbal skills in English and isiXhosa
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- An interest and enthusiasm for literacy development and/or education.
- Driver’s license essential
- Passion and energy
Interested candidates have to be prepared to relocate to AmaJingqi.
Please e-mail your CV with a motivational cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not hear from us by 15 May 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful.