Nal'ibali is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign which aims to spark children's potential through storytelling & reading. We do this through storytelling, reading and a network of reading clubs.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for literacy to grow a culture of reading in the communities of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Description: A Nal’ibali Literacy Mentor is focused on inspiring communities to participate in the reading-for-enjoyment campaign by identifying potential opportunities and resources to establish reading clubs and raising awareness through a variety of activities and events. These activities include the following:
• arranging and attending stakeholder meetings,
• ongoing partner liaison,
• supporting and mentoring volunteers,
• providing and distributing reading materials,
• identifying training needs and facilitating sessions,
• Reporting writing, including M&E feedback
• Running Reading Clubs
• At least 2 years’ community work experience.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in education or social development advantageous
• Excellent Written and verbal skills in English and Xhosa/Zulu essential
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
• A Proven interest and enthusiasm for literacy development and/or education.
• Driver’s license essential
• Passion and energy to improve children's lives
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational cover letter highlighting your strengths that relates to the requirements of this position. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Monday, 18 December 2017.