Nal'ibali is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign which aims to spark children's potential through storytelling & reading. We do this through storytelling, reading and a network of reading clubs.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for literacy to lead the team in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Purpose: The role of the Provincial Support Coordinator is to support and co-ordinate regional activities to ensure the growth and successful delivery of the Nal’ibali campaign.
Description: Managing a team of Literacy Mentors, the Provincial Support Coordinator is responsible for the quality assurance of the programme activities as well as the support and facilitation of training and mentorship activities, conducting post training debriefing sessions and the submission of evaluation forms and participants register and ensuring the timeous completion and submission of team reconciliations and reports.
The Provincial Support Coordinator is also responsible for effective stakeholder engagement, building strong partner relationships, delivering the key campaign communication messages and participating in media and campaign events.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Community Leadership
• Excellent Time-management
• Outstanding and enthusiastic facilitator
• 3-5 years’ field work experience in the NGO sector • Relevant degree or diploma advantageous
• An interest in mother tongue literacy development and/or education. • Experience in managing and mentoring dispersed teams
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English and one other official language (preferably Xhosa or Zulu)
• Good MS Office skills
• Driver’s license and willingness to travel essential
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational cover letter highlighting your strengths that relates to the requirements of this position. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Monday, 18 December 2017.