Personal Assistant to the Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director
DURATION: 12 months Fixed contract (4-5 hours / day or 3 days / week)
Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories – in all South African languages – is part of everyday life. Children who are surrounded by print and immersed in great and well-told stories – in languages they understand – are more curious, confident and motivated to learn. They develop vocabulary, strengthen memory, and nurture imagination. They’re more likely to become readers themselves, and to do well in school across all subjects.
Since 2012, Nal’ibali has worked with state, civil society and business partners to make sure every South African child has opportunities to fall in love with books and stories. This includes founding partners DGMT, PRAESA (the Project for the Study of Alternative Education in South Africa) and Tiso Blackstar (formerly Times Media). Through advocacy, training, and high-quality reading material, Nal’ibali is helping to nurture a reading nation.
We are looking for an experienced personal assistant (PA) to work closely with the MD and deputy MD to provide administrative support and ensure best use of time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
• Arranging travel, accommodation and general logistical support;
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements;
• Organizing and maintaining electronic diaries, including managing scheduled appointments with partners, funders and internal staff;
• Acting as a point of contact at all times particularly in MD & Deputy MD’s absence, including meeting preparation, attendance and minute-taking when required and appropriate;
• Dealing with incoming email, often corresponding on behalf of MD & Deputy MD when required and appropriate;
• Carrying out background research and presenting findings around various tasks;
• Producing documents, reports and presentations as guided by the MD & Deputy MD;
• Conducting follow up conversations with internal staff and partners on outstanding matters needing attention as guided by MD & Deputy MD;
• Arranging and preparing any paper-work due for signing, coding and approval;
• General administrative support for department heads as guided by MD & Deputy MD;
• Matric certificate
• 2-3 years’ experience in administrative work
• Strong communication skills • Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and solve problems
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Highly computer literate
• Valid Driver’s license
This position is based in Cape Town, Western Cape.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title on the subject line, (e.g. Joe Soap: PA to MD_DMD).
Please note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.